Fern Creek High School
Ivy Plus Academy!
The ancient Greeks knew the importance of fulfilling one’s greatest potential. So much so, they had a name for this endeavor: Arete.
Fern Creek’s Ivy Plus Academy is designed to connect high-achieving students with the nation’s top colleges to help them realize Arete.
The program’s goal is to provide these students with the information, guidance, mentoring, and means to gain acceptance to these elite institutions.
• Help finding the right school for the right student
• Access to elite college admission counselors and in-school visits
• Help arranging campus visits
• Help filling out admission and scholarship applications
• Financial aid to offset travel and applications costs
• One-on-one mentoring
• Group lessons on preparing a solid application resume
• Informative parent and student meetings throughout the year
(Class of 2017-2018 Data)
National acceptance rate of admitted schools: 40 %
Acceptance rate of Ivy Plus Class of 2018: 64 %
Total scholarship amount: $12,718,400
This amount only accounts for scholarships/grants given by the Ivy Plus colleges listed above and does not include amounts given by non-Ivy Plus colleges (UofL, UofK, Bellarmine, et. al.).
Schools offering admission: Brigham Young, Denison, Rhodes, U Pennsylvania, Carleton, Earlham, Richmond, U Rochester, Carnegie Mellon, Emory, Rose-Hulman, U Southern California, Case Western Reserve, Lafayette, Scripps, U Virginia, Centre, Lehigh, Sewanee, Wake Forest, Dartmouth, Middlebury, St. John’s College, Washington & Lee, Davidson , Oberlin, Trinity College, Wesleyan, DePauw, Rensselaer, UC San Diego, Wofford, UC Santa Barbara, Wooster
Every student in Ivy Plus is going to know that they
are valued for who they are, not only as a student but
as a person.”
Kaihalani Bradley, Attending Middlebury College
Scholarship Total: $405,000
- Academy space is limited and preference is given to students within Fern Creek’s resides area.
- Students who are not accepted into the initial Academy cohort will be placed on the waiting list (Students may still choose to attend Fern Creek and may be enrolled in specific Advanced Placement classes as non-Academy participants).